Thursday, June 08, 2006

 
Grant's Room


Okay, I'm going to call this day two of the virtual tour. I took these picture yesterday and I tried to post yesterday, but everytime I got on the computer I couldn't help going to Mike's blog and just staring at Caden. .. he is so beautiful!!! Mike and Christine, you are SO blessed with three gorgeous and wonderful children. I love your family.





Grant has the smaller of the two bedrooms, but they are both decent size. Here you have his race car bed, train table, some of his lovely artwork strung along the wall, and the beginning of our ABC lessons. We started this Alphabet wall a long while ago, but he still doesn't quite "get it" He knows what letter are and goes around the house trying to spell or sound out letters, but the whole symbol thing eludes my little man still. If you point to almost any letter and ask him what it is he'll say "A" so we've got a long road ahead with letter and number recognition. He is so cute when he sounds out words though. Yesterday he was saying, "O-O-Orange juice, orange juice starts with the letter F!"

Here on the oposite wall is his kitchen center (he just got a shopping cart which he loves. Those long white things on the wall is a ball drop. David made it out of guttering so Grant could put cars or balls up and the top and see how they drop down (I think it is a physics thing) You can also kinda see his fire hamper is used for ball storage (soccer, baseball, basketball, etc) He is actually quite particular. If he wants to play soccer he HAS to have his soccer ball. "Not a playground ball, not a basketball... a SOCCER ball Momma"







I am in the process of racking my brain for reorginazation tactics so I can get a lot of his toys out into the "formal dining room" which is right now being used for Kasha's crate and a few other small things. Grant has SO many toys, but he honestly plays with them all. I try to whittle down his pile every month or so but I just don't feel the need to get rid of great toys that he loves to play with, when he learns and has fun with them. So the biggest juggle in my mind is where to put Kasha's crate..... Oh to have a dog that didn't rip up my carpetting when I left...........................


Anyway, there it is folks. At least it was semi-clean. That (and maybe our bedroom) is the most cluttered and crazy room in our house. I pity those who live below us and cringe for the poor fools who live beside us. We have much jumping, basketballing, singing, screaming and laughing in this room. We've had two different people live below us since we've moved in... ...................coincidence or Jo-incidence??????? (catch the Friend's reference there. )


Lastly, I'm having troubles with scheduling my visit this summer. I'm in the process of a master plan, but I have to bang out all the details. I'll just tell you it involves pipe cleaners, a stapler and some chewing gum.

Comments:
Pipe cleaners, a stapler and some chewing gum on Mastercard........$4.50

I am so excited for you to come down I will supply the stapler.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?