Tuesday, June 06, 2006
We have lift-off.
I keep talking about how awesome my apartment is, because frankly I'm trying to talk myself into it.
David and I were all geared up to move into a house in a month or two after our lease expired. We said from the beginning that we were only in an apartment for one year to get used to the area, get settled in a job, and to give ourselves time to look. Well, after about a month and a half of meeting with realators, mortgage brokers, looking through houses etc. we both decided that as much as we want a place for Grant to run outside anytime he wants to.... we just can't move right now. We're going to stay here one more year. Before we started looking at houses I was begging David to stay put another year. I didn't want to go through all the packing and details, but now I am a little frazzled and I'm ithcing to move. SO I just decided that I need to talk myself back into what a great place we have here. Change my mindset a little. I mean, come on.... it's a great place to be and our heating is free in the long long Michigan winters!!!
So with that said, I'm going to post a picture tour highlighting one room at a time in my lovely abode. I'm only doing one room at a time because there is a toddler-based rule in my house that only one room at a time can be kept clean. I know Trase and Mom and Dad have seen our apartment before, but in the almost year we've lived here I've never taken photos to show the other Fletchers.
Kitchen.
This is the long view of my kitchen. (We keep our trick or treat bucket out year round...... ) It's a wierd picture. It looks really messy, but I keep running back to my kitchen to check and I can't find anything to clean up.
I painted a few designs on the walls when we first moved in. They told us we could paint, but that we had to Primer over it when we left. I wanted color on the walls, but I did NOT want to have to paint EVERYTHING when we left, so I thought with a few blocks of color, I could be a little messy when it came back to priming.

This is looking into the kitchen from the entryway. The really big leafy plant is basil that I started from seeds on Apr. 1st. I'm SO impressed with it's growth. I've had to transplant it twice to a bigger container. I just replanted it yesterday, so it is a little bit wilty. The other is a Jade plant that has doubled its size in the year that I've had it. ... I'll only mention briefly the ten or so plants that I've killed since living here.
My favorite thing about my kitchen is the built in microwave though. Here I come from a semi-anti-microwave family...... but I love love love that it is huge and takes up no counter space. Okay, okay. My virtual kitchen tour is over. Sad isn't it. But just think, you all have many more rooms to view in the coming weeks. I mean, Chris... you may want to delay delivery until this is all over. I wouldn't want you to miss any of the excitement.
I keep talking about how awesome my apartment is, because frankly I'm trying to talk myself into it.
David and I were all geared up to move into a house in a month or two after our lease expired. We said from the beginning that we were only in an apartment for one year to get used to the area, get settled in a job, and to give ourselves time to look. Well, after about a month and a half of meeting with realators, mortgage brokers, looking through houses etc. we both decided that as much as we want a place for Grant to run outside anytime he wants to.... we just can't move right now. We're going to stay here one more year. Before we started looking at houses I was begging David to stay put another year. I didn't want to go through all the packing and details, but now I am a little frazzled and I'm ithcing to move. SO I just decided that I need to talk myself back into what a great place we have here. Change my mindset a little. I mean, come on.... it's a great place to be and our heating is free in the long long Michigan winters!!!
So with that said, I'm going to post a picture tour highlighting one room at a time in my lovely abode. I'm only doing one room at a time because there is a toddler-based rule in my house that only one room at a time can be kept clean. I know Trase and Mom and Dad have seen our apartment before, but in the almost year we've lived here I've never taken photos to show the other Fletchers.
Kitchen.

This is the long view of my kitchen. (We keep our trick or treat bucket out year round...... ) It's a wierd picture. It looks really messy, but I keep running back to my kitchen to check and I can't find anything to clean up.
I painted a few designs on the walls when we first moved in. They told us we could paint, but that we had to Primer over it when we left. I wanted color on the walls, but I did NOT want to have to paint EVERYTHING when we left, so I thought with a few blocks of color, I could be a little messy when it came back to priming.

This is looking into the kitchen from the entryway. The really big leafy plant is basil that I started from seeds on Apr. 1st. I'm SO impressed with it's growth. I've had to transplant it twice to a bigger container. I just replanted it yesterday, so it is a little bit wilty. The other is a Jade plant that has doubled its size in the year that I've had it. ... I'll only mention briefly the ten or so plants that I've killed since living here.
My favorite thing about my kitchen is the built in microwave though. Here I come from a semi-anti-microwave family...... but I love love love that it is huge and takes up no counter space. Okay, okay. My virtual kitchen tour is over. Sad isn't it. But just think, you all have many more rooms to view in the coming weeks. I mean, Chris... you may want to delay delivery until this is all over. I wouldn't want you to miss any of the excitement.
Comments:
<< Home
for the longest time, when we had a microwave, we had it on top of the fridge, as to take up no counter space... it worked well except I might have been a little too short to reach all the buttons. Harrison is remembering that the kids had to use a chair.
Your paint looks fabulous in the photos! it makes ME want to move in... seriously... you did do a great job picking color and design.
Hey, how about we go out to TGIFridays this afternoon to celebrate our new nephew?? :O)
Your paint looks fabulous in the photos! it makes ME want to move in... seriously... you did do a great job picking color and design.
Hey, how about we go out to TGIFridays this afternoon to celebrate our new nephew?? :O)
I love your apartment AND your decorating style. As apartment complexes go, it's one of the best I've seen.
I love the way you've painted on the walls. Could be something for the BHG magazine people.
Post a Comment
I love the way you've painted on the walls. Could be something for the BHG magazine people.
<< Home

