Tuesday, July 18, 2006

 


Meramec Caverns.


Grant and I decided to stop off shortly after St. Louis at Meramec Caverns on our long 850mi trip to Joplin. It sounded perfect! It would be about an hour long stop hidden in a wonderfully cool cave with lots of walking and neat things to see. ... it would have been perfect if we hadn't been surrounded by about 150 other people who had the same idea that we had on that hot long day. We moved at a snails pace being guided by a paid professional who told us all about the Lassie episode that had been filmed in the caves. We DID finally get some information on the formations inside the cave after a long while, but the highlights we always about which famous singer preformed inside the cavern for a political campaign party, etc. This beautiful "stage curtain" (as they call it) formation is over 70 ft high, 60 ft wide and 35 ft. thick!!! It took THOUSANDS and thousands of years to create. It was gorgeous, my pictures gives it no justice, but at the point in the tour we were lead to this miraculous view, we were sat down to be shown a light and music show that some governor donated (it was dull) a long long time ago, no doubt so his name would be mentioned at every tour. ANyway, so it WAS a nice retreat, but an hour and a half of inching through a dark, crowded cave was not exactly Grant's way of getting energy out during a long long drive.......... so ........ we went over to the huge bounce house that they had outside and he had a BLAST! Then we got back in the car and had a nice peaceful drive the rest of the way to Joplin. I will try to post a little more later, but it is a lot more difficult to post on here from another computer than it is in the solice of my own house. ... and I keep forgetting to take pictures, but I'm working hard to remedy that. I love you David, and we both miss you so much. You will have to find somewhere fun for Grant and I to go on the way back home as well! -Jae


Comments:
I like your quotes around the "y" Bill.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?