Monday, July 03, 2006
Something new.
See, I knew this would happen. I get a blog and post nothing!. Well we had a jam packed weekend. We went to pick cherries, went to the Children's Gardens, to the zoo, bowling (grant had a BLAST!) and we went to a really cool park we found with a sand box the size of 2 living rooms and a big Barney play area. Grant's favorite things there were making snow angels in the sand (I had to wash his hair about ten
times that night) and playing pretend basketball on the court. We saw the basketball court and didn't have a ball, so we started pretending and it was SO much fun. Grant would fake dribble here and there and run around, then stop, get in position and SWOOSH!!! GOAL! We'd steal the fake ball from him every now and then, but the absolutely amazing thing is that my little two year old actually made every single pretend basket that he shot for! ... and this was a really tall rim. ! We did all of that and I didn't have the camera with me for any of it. I am just not good with that sort of thing. If I'm playing... I'm playing, no time to snap photos! So I'll add a few random ones of Grant bike riding (his ultimate favorite thing to do now) and Grant at the Children's museum last week. (P.S. I love how many different things there are to do here within a 10 minute radius!)

I think we are going to play it kind of low key today, but I am so excited for parades tomorrow. We bought a few fireworks (2 sparklers and 2 snap-pops) The lady selling them to me was very concerned about our saftey with such risky purchases. But I told her we were just going to go crazy this year!!! We'll probably watch the fireworks show at the ball park tomorrow night. It will be Grant's first time at a fireworks display!
A tiny side note since I'm looking at these pictures. When Grant was born the nurse said, "Oh look, a red-head!" David and I looked at each other in disbelief and later in denial. As he grew we, or others would say that he was or was going to grow out of it. ... he still may, but MAN it really hasn't changed! I love the color of his hair and it is what we get the most compliments on. It is such a nice autumny color and now I hope he never grows out of it!! Although I will say that I saw about a hundred baby pictures of David and he had the EXACT same hair color when he was a baby/toddler. When I showed his mom she said, "Oh, I forgot that David's hair was red!" !!!!!!! I hope Grant's hair doesn't change, I just can't imagine that face with black hair!
See, I knew this would happen. I get a blog and post nothing!. Well we had a jam packed weekend. We went to pick cherries, went to the Children's Gardens, to the zoo, bowling (grant had a BLAST!) and we went to a really cool park we found with a sand box the size of 2 living rooms and a big Barney play area. Grant's favorite things there were making snow angels in the sand (I had to wash his hair about ten
times that night) and playing pretend basketball on the court. We saw the basketball court and didn't have a ball, so we started pretending and it was SO much fun. Grant would fake dribble here and there and run around, then stop, get in position and SWOOSH!!! GOAL! We'd steal the fake ball from him every now and then, but the absolutely amazing thing is that my little two year old actually made every single pretend basket that he shot for! ... and this was a really tall rim. ! We did all of that and I didn't have the camera with me for any of it. I am just not good with that sort of thing. If I'm playing... I'm playing, no time to snap photos! So I'll add a few random ones of Grant bike riding (his ultimate favorite thing to do now) and Grant at the Children's museum last week. (P.S. I love how many different things there are to do here within a 10 minute radius!)
I think we are going to play it kind of low key today, but I am so excited for parades tomorrow. We bought a few fireworks (2 sparklers and 2 snap-pops) The lady selling them to me was very concerned about our saftey with such risky purchases. But I told her we were just going to go crazy this year!!! We'll probably watch the fireworks show at the ball park tomorrow night. It will be Grant's first time at a fireworks display!
A tiny side note since I'm looking at these pictures. When Grant was born the nurse said, "Oh look, a red-head!" David and I looked at each other in disbelief and later in denial. As he grew we, or others would say that he was or was going to grow out of it. ... he still may, but MAN it really hasn't changed! I love the color of his hair and it is what we get the most compliments on. It is such a nice autumny color and now I hope he never grows out of it!! Although I will say that I saw about a hundred baby pictures of David and he had the EXACT same hair color when he was a baby/toddler. When I showed his mom she said, "Oh, I forgot that David's hair was red!" !!!!!!! I hope Grant's hair doesn't change, I just can't imagine that face with black hair!
Comments:
<< Home
I'm glad you posted... I've been checking.
I'm feeling worse... I have to go get milk, but then I am coming home and sleeping all afternoon.
I think you are going to be candy grabbing with the kids tomorrow morning for sure. Just let the little kids get a few, okay Jae? I'll buy you your own bag if you want.
I'm feeling worse... I have to go get milk, but then I am coming home and sleeping all afternoon.
I think you are going to be candy grabbing with the kids tomorrow morning for sure. Just let the little kids get a few, okay Jae? I'll buy you your own bag if you want.
I'll take them all. !!!! (the kids not the candy) Just send me the ones without the fevers. .... we've been sick ENOUGH! I think I've had my life-time fill.... no more.... NEVER!
You know, they have ways to make that hair stay red. Just take him periodically to the beauty shop and tell him (and his Dad) they're just shampooing it before they cut it.
Have fun with the candy-grabbing. Wish we were there.
Have fun with the candy-grabbing. Wish we were there.
You love THOSE curls... man you should se it when he's been playing hard and he's all sweaty (like, all the time) his hair is one curly little red afro puff. hee hee.
Post a Comment
<< Home

