Tuesday, October 24, 2006
Third one today. I think I'm about to set a record. Too bad they are in reverse chronological order so you read my latest postings first. By the time you get down to the first new post it'll be all old news.
Here is the pic of the jack-o-lanterns I promised. Maybe I waited until it was TOO dark because you can't actually see the pumpkins,
just our carvings. The Frankenstein one was Grant's first pick for his pumpkin design, his daddy carved it out for him in the tall skinny pumpkin. Then I chose the jolly laughing face. I still love it ... and I carved it in my round pumpkin. The big ole' huge pumpkin remained un-cut until today. David couldn't make up his mind and after picking, cleaning and carving all the rest we were a little pumpkin-ed out for the day. Today Grant and I were browsing the nickjr website and he saw a picture of a Dora pumpkin and decided that was what we needed to do with daddy's pumpkin, so I got back out the little 1.99 carving tool today and made it happen. Don't be fooled people... I had a stencil.
Speaking of artwork though, my son completely amazed me with this crea
tion tonight. He drew it all by himself and when I came over to see what he was doing he explained the whole picture to me. The large triangle inside of a triangle is a tent. The three people inside are David, Me and Grant. Grant told me he drew glasses on me, and after he told me I CAN kind of make them out. The large circle on top of the tent is a FULL moon (he was very particular about that) and the large tree shapes are in fact, not trees in this woodsy campsite but they are candy mushrooms. Created to compensate for the lack of marshmallows. :) He wanted to draw a campfire with marshmallows, but he said he didn't know how so he drew huge candy mushrooms instead. :)
Neither David nor I have one tiny speck of artistic ability, but he have high hope for this boy in everything. He amazes us with new things every day. I just thought I'd share.
Here is the pic of the jack-o-lanterns I promised. Maybe I waited until it was TOO dark because you can't actually see the pumpkins,
just our carvings. The Frankenstein one was Grant's first pick for his pumpkin design, his daddy carved it out for him in the tall skinny pumpkin. Then I chose the jolly laughing face. I still love it ... and I carved it in my round pumpkin. The big ole' huge pumpkin remained un-cut until today. David couldn't make up his mind and after picking, cleaning and carving all the rest we were a little pumpkin-ed out for the day. Today Grant and I were browsing the nickjr website and he saw a picture of a Dora pumpkin and decided that was what we needed to do with daddy's pumpkin, so I got back out the little 1.99 carving tool today and made it happen. Don't be fooled people... I had a stencil.Speaking of artwork though, my son completely amazed me with this crea
tion tonight. He drew it all by himself and when I came over to see what he was doing he explained the whole picture to me. The large triangle inside of a triangle is a tent. The three people inside are David, Me and Grant. Grant told me he drew glasses on me, and after he told me I CAN kind of make them out. The large circle on top of the tent is a FULL moon (he was very particular about that) and the large tree shapes are in fact, not trees in this woodsy campsite but they are candy mushrooms. Created to compensate for the lack of marshmallows. :) He wanted to draw a campfire with marshmallows, but he said he didn't know how so he drew huge candy mushrooms instead. :)Neither David nor I have one tiny speck of artistic ability, but he have high hope for this boy in everything. He amazes us with new things every day. I just thought I'd share.
