Friday, June 08, 2007

 
So, Grant and I went to our favorite park this afternoon which coincidentally is now only a mile away from our house. I'll just show you a few eye spy photos we took and if it'll let me, I'll also post some pics with Grant in the, also. The whole park is a slightly raised walking trail through wetlands, and then it veers into heavy wooded forest and finally strolls through meadowy grass before re-entering the wetlands. I love it so much because you get to see several types of habitats and Grant gets to learn which kinds of animals to look for depending on the surroundings we happen to be walking through at the time.






I was so surprised to see the snake in the top picture... not because it's unusual to see snakes there, but because I was trying to distract Grant from verbally drowning the people walking ahead of us, so I said.. "Hey, Grant... Let's just look for snakes!" I took one step, and there he was. So just the fact that I found one when I was actually LOOKING for it was a surprise to me.










We also saw a muskrat at the beginning of our walk. He was chomping plants in the water and let us get close to him (but not too close) ... I just forgot to pull my camera out.














These land snails were EVERYWHERE... well for about 200 feet of the trail. We saw water snails earlier on, but for some reason Grant was enamored by the ones that lived on land... maybe because their shells were nice and clean instead of muddy.



















He grabbed a handful, but I made him put them back.












Then on through the meadows with butterflies and birds and the biggest dandelions we've ever seen. Umm, okay so they probably weren't actually dandelions.. and no, he couldn't blow them away.



















Finally on back through the wetlands before heading home.. This time a picture wouldn't do.. so I did my best to capture the sounds.














(this is a new video with better sounds... if you're interesting and still reading. )

Comments:
I heard bugs and birds, and the wind, and steps and you and ...what a great video
 
did you hear the frogs that sound like banjos??
 
yes, and they were dueling
 
I had to go back and listen again but, yes, they're there.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?